Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Advertising Email Marketing Online

by Clint Pollard

I can only think of two easy ways to make money on the Internet. One is building Adsense sites, and the other one is email marketing. I will be discussing email marketing today. I guess you could actually use both of these together, I havent done that yet, but I think it would work just fine. I think it would work better than using Adwords and Adsense together. I know there are some that can do that, but I never made more than a couple of dollars a month when I tried it.

I think I made a mistake when I proclaimed email marketing was easy, I should have said it was easier, I havent found anything on the Internet easy. The reason email marketing might be easier is because all you need to purchase is an auto responder and if you want to you can find a free auto responder. So its not only easier, its far less expensive than some ways of marketing on the Internet. Even though I said you could use a free auto responder, I dont recommend using one for many reasons, Most free auto responders come with other advertisements added in with the ads you send out and that will put a dent in your profits.

If you decide to take the free route, sign up at Click Bank and Commission Junction both of them are free to join. Look for a few good products to sell, Click Bank will have digital products and Commission Junction will have tangible products you can sell. Load your auto responder up with 7 to 10 messages about why your subscribers need the product you are marketing and add the address link that will take them to the product. CB and CJ will furnish you with a product link. The next thing you will want to do is find a good free ebook you can give away. Now all you need to do is find people that will be interested in your product.

You can do that by looking for forums that complement your product. If you are selling golf clubs you would want to find a golf forum, answer a few question people have posted and then put a small ad giving a way a free ebook, which should be related to your product, and your email address to your mailing list in your signature at the bottom of the post. Most forums will not allow ads in the body of the post, but many do allow an ad in the sig at the bottom. As soon as your list starts adding subscribers you will start selling products, the more subscribers the more products you sell.

I just offered you a simple example of how you can start an email marketing business on the Internet without spending one thin dime. It sounds simple, and it really does work just like I explained, but you will have a lot of learning to do, You will need to learn how to write good headlines for your auto responder messages, you will need to understand how to tweak words to turn subscribers into buyers. You will need to learn how to choose the top products to market, and many other tricks, but go ahead get your feet wet, it wont cost you anything to get start.

Good Luck

Clint Pollard a veteran maketer of 9 years invites you to vist his site for more information on email marketing at E-Mail Marketing http://www.ncave.com/internetemailmarketing.html